Are you having issues in your relationship? Are you worried that the spark is gone or getting tempted to seek excitement elsewhere? Then this is the article for you. Here you will learn what intimacy is, and how to build it,
What is Intimacy?
Intimacy is not just the physical. It is not just about sex. Of course sex is a big part of it as well but it includes vulnerability and confidence in each other and affection. Intimacy is the sharing of your soul with someone, and trusting them to love you still.
How to build intimacy between you and your partner.
• Look at your partner. It seems like a completely simple thing and something that probably is not all that important in in fact it is extremely important. Learn to look at your partner. Look hard enough to find the little things and fall in love with them all over again.
• Compliment your significant other often. Not just empty compliments, but compliments that let them know that you see them, like “I love the way your eyes turn the color of fresh honey when the sun hits them just right, you are beautiful”. Compliments like that won’t just bounce off, they will sink in and leave a lasting effect. Words like that show that you value who they are.
• Another great idea for psychosexual therapy is to spend more time together and focus on the reasons why you love each other and are attracted to each other. Do fun activities together, like picnics and beach dates, and dote on each other throughout.
• Touch each other more often. It is easy to become disenchanted with someone when you have not touched them in a while. One great sex counselling advice is to learn to touch each other again. Hold hands, tuck hair behind an ear, kiss, these will make you more used to it, and want to do more.
• Talk to each other. Always practice talking to each other. Talk about the mundane, talk about what you think about different topics, don’t be afraid to go controversial, just keep it under control and don’t say anything personal or hurtful. Spend time to patiently listen and understand what the other person is saying, ask questions, truly ponder, don’t just let it run dryly.
• Do your chores together. Working together builds team spirit like nothing else, and it will help you build intimacy in your relationship. Do the dishes, or make dinner with some music on, and dance around in the kitchen together. This will really help you to connect.
• There is one thing better than online counselling, and it is actually going to see a professional. Online marriage counselling is great but it might not be the marriage counselling your relationship needs. It is easy to get couples counselling, all you need to do is search “marriage counselling near me” or “sex counselling near me” and you will get everything you need from sex marriage counselling to even christian marriage counselling.
• Take things easy on your relationship. If you are not making as much progress as you would typically like, don’t get frustrated and give up, instead just relax. With matters of the heart speed is rarely the way.
Now that you have read this article you can apply these tips to your relationship and watch your intimacy levels bloom significantly.