Acupuncture – The Best Way to Treat Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
You can easily find many medical treatments in Asia that are not common among people such as PSTD. A few of them don’t even know how to treat such health issues. But people should know that by consulting an acupuncturist, they can treat such kind of health issues easily. If you too or any of your loved ones are experiencing any uncommon disease such as complex PTSD, you should consult either an acupuncturist or your doctor. If you are planning to choose an acupuncture treatment and want to know about in detail about it for PTSD treatment, read this article in full.
1. Acupuncture is not a medical treatment; it is merely an alternative treatment, which is why, the cost of treatment, is not covered under any medical insurance. Sometimes it only requires one session to get relief, which helps you to easily bear the cost. If you are looking for acupuncture sessions to treat various diseases, the cost of treatment may become too expensive.
2. You may feel a tingling sensation on your body during the acupuncture treatment. The sensation caused by introducing pins in your skin is known as Qi. A lot of beginners initially consider this sensation as pain but they soon realize that the needles are not hurting them.
3. If you frequently experience colds or coughs, ask your consultant to work on your Lung 7. This will not only help you reduce your neck pain to a great extent, but it will also help to strengthen your lungs. When your lungs are in good shape, inserting thin needles won't hit you hard. This treatment is more useful during winters.
4. Inserting needles may seem like that it hurts, but actually, it doesn't. Acupuncture needles are very thin, and not similar to injection needles. If you will stand a few feet away from those needles, you'd even feel trouble watching them. You may feel uncomfortable in the first look, but it will not cause you extreme pain.
5. It is important to eat a little before your acupuncture session to avoid nausea and dizziness, but don't overdo it. Eating too much before your session can let you experience the worst symptoms during or after the session. It is, therefore, good to take a very light meal, about three hours before the session.
6. To get the maximum benefits from your session, remember to eat before a treatment. This will help you get energy into your body, which will help you reap all the benefits of your treatment. If you go empty stomach for the session hungry, your body will start utilizing the stored energy, rather than saving it for the healing process, which will let you feel down.
7. Ask your acupuncturist in advance about the number of hours they will take for the treatment. This information will help you find out which part of the day would be the best fit for you to go for the session. Ideally, a patient likes to go for a treatment only when they are done with their personal work and completely relaxed to get the best results.
8. People usually state a feeling of bliss and relaxation after their session of acupuncture. If you want to keep having that feeling to treat your PTSD, avoid over-stimulating entertainment such as watching television. You can easily relax your mind from all sorts of worries just by going for an acupuncture session. There is no need to spend your precious time by using a computer, playing games or watching TV shows.
9. You may also find reviews and feedback of some people claiming that their pains get worse after the first PTSD treatment session. But, this is actually a sign of healing. Your symptoms may initially get worse, but will definitely improve with time. To get out of such situations, you should talk to your practitioner, as they can suggest some food therapy or herbal supplements, to help you feel relaxed and better in the meantime.
It doesn't matter whether you are experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder, spina bifida or plantar fasciitis, an acupuncturist will help you get the best treatment. With all that you've read in this article, you will definitely find out a way for yourself to get the best PTSD treatment. You only need to look for the best PTSD treatment centers near you to get the best treatment. You should also pass on your new knowledge to benefit friends and family as well.